Stafford Half MarathonView the 2013 Half Marathon Results (pdf 1mb)
Information regarding the 2014 Stafford Half Marathon will appear on this page in due course. Entry will open early November 2013.
More information and some photos can be found on the Stafford Half Marathon Facebook page
The Stafford Half Marathon route heads off from the town centre into Stafford's surrounding countryside on traffic-controlled roads, incorporating two steady climbs before returning to the Market Square via Victoria Park.
Crowds line the route to cheer on the diverse field of athletes and help them enjoy the thrill of the race. Local community groups, school children and anyone else are encouraged to get involved and offer support to the runners along the course.
The 2013 Half Marathon will also saw each participant rewarded with a specially commissioned medal along with a technical t-shirt. There are also prizes given for open and vet categories.
Click the map image for a larger view.
Wherever possible roads have been closed, sections are on disused railway track, and traffic has been limited on certain sections of the route. Please do not deviate from the designated route for any reason. This is not only a risk to you but to motorists that may still be using part of the roadway.
Due to unforseen circumstances, minor adjustments may be made to the route. They will be well signposted and stewards will direct you.
Terms and Conditions
Please note that by proceeding to entry and payment you are accepting the following declaration and terms and conditions of entry:
- All participants who enter the Stafford Half Marathon agree that they are an amateur under UK Athletics laws and declare that they will be 17 years or over on the day of the race. If they are under 18 parental or guardian permission is required.
- They accept that they are medically fit to participate in the event and are aware of the additional risks involved in participating in endurance events.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure proper preparation, training and fitness to compete. Advice on fitness to compete, training, diet and hydration can be found at www.runnersmedicalresource.com.
- The organisers shall not be liable for any accidents, injury, loss or damage as a consequence of participation in the race.
- Participants are required to give consent for his/her personal and medical details to be released by the medical team to the race organiser (to inform relatives and statutory authorities) in the event of a medical emergency.
- Participants must complete the contact and medical details form on the rear of the race number.
- Any runners with an existing medical problem which requires special attention such as epilepsy, diabetes, heart problems must advise the organisers.
- There will be no on the day entries for the 2013 Stafford Half Marathon.
- All places are non refundable and entries cannot be deferred to 2014. Places may be transferred to another runner, the personal details of the new runner must be provided in full by 5.00pm Friday 8 March 2013 to conform to UK Athletics rules and health & safety practice.
- Runbritain and Stafford Gatehouse Theatre are ticket agents for the Stafford Half Marathon, selling places for the event. Personal details will be passed to the event organisers and race numbers and handbooks will be posted out prior to the race day (early March 2013). Please advise the event management team if you change your address.
- Email addresses will be forwarded to the official race photographers: Following the event the photographers will send runners a link to an individual images gallery. All email addresses will be deleted once the initial mail has been sent.
- Race start 10.00am.
- Official race photographers will be present at the event. Photographs and video footage will be taken for marketing purposes as well as for participants.
- Fast course 13.1 miles, accurately measured.
- Course closes at 12.30pm, participants are advised not to walk around the course, pace 11 minutes miles or less.
- This event is run under the UK Athletics rules.
- UK Athletics race licence number 2013-104865.
How do you rate this page?