Help and Advice

Where to get help and advice

If you require help or advice on any matter concerning Housing Benefit or Local Council Tax Reduction you can

  • call in at any one of the Council Offices OR
  • telephone the Benefits Helpline 01785 619478 OR
  • e-mail us at

For information about the rent officer service contact 020 702 36076 or visit the Valuation Office Agency website.

For information about claiming benefits if you are under 60, you can visit the Direct Gov website.

For information about claiming Tax Credits and Child Benefit, you can visit the HM Revenues and Customs website.

For information about help available to single parents, you can visit the Gingerbread website or call 0808-802-0925.

Are you affected by the equalisation of the State Pension Age. More information is available in the Pensions section of the Direct Gov Website.

To find out what other benefits you may be entitled to, or if you are thinking of returning to work and want to find out how your benefits will be affected you can use the Benefit on-line calculator and Advisor.

Alternatively you can obtain free, independent and impartial advice on Housing Benefit or Local Council Tax Reduction and other matters from your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Citizens Advice Staffordshire South West

 Stafford Office

The Hub
17 Eastgate Street
ST16 2LZ

 Stone Office

15 Station Road
ST15 8JP

 Cannock Office

48 Allport Road
WS11 1DY0

 Rugeley Office

7 Brook Square
WS15 2DU

Telephone: 03444 111 444 (County Adviceline)


Please see the Citizens Advice Bureau website for details of opening hours and advice session times.

Other Useful Links

Tel: 01785 619478
Fax: 01785 619219
How do you rate this page?