Money for nothing as council gives recycling incentive to residents
Stafford Borough Council is launching a new scheme called ‘coming to a bin near you’ with home owners being offered £60 if they have no recycling in their green rubbish bins.
And the first area of the borough chosen to be part of the recycling doorstep challenge is the village of Great Haywood on Tuesday 9 September.
The local authority has been running a number of initiatives in a bid to hit a 60% recycling target in a move that council bosses say will help the environment -...
- 01/09/2014 - Unlicensed cabbies could face costly fare
- 26/08/2014 - New play area unveiled for popular Stafford park
- 25/08/2014 - Town to come alive with the sound of music and colour
- 25/08/2014 - Stafford Council Leader in legal call
- 18/08/2014 - Market celebrates anniversary with fun day