The Referendum relating to the adoption of the Barlaston Neighbourhood Plan was held on Thursday 2 May 2019.
The question asked in the Referendum was :-
“Do you want Stafford Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Barlaston Parish to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
Turnout figure - 35.19%
|The total number of ballot papers counted was||779|
|The number of votes cast in favour of YES was||636|
|The number of votes cast in favour of NO was||116|
|The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows:|
|a) No official mark||0|
|b) Voting for both answers to the question asked||0|
|c) Writing or mark by which the voter could be identified||0|
|d) Unmarked or void for uncertainty||27|
The Referendum area is identified on the Barlaston Parish boundary map (pdf 395kb).
The Referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Barlaston Neighbourhood area.
A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if, on Friday 12 April 2019:
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the Referendum area; and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A persons qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £2,493.57. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 2,230.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
Paper copies of the specified documents are also available to view at:
- Stafford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford, ST16 3AQ - Monday - Thursday 8.30 am - 5.00 pm, Friday 8.30 am - 4.30 pm.
- One Shop, Station Road, Barlaston ST12 9DH - Monday to Saturday: 6.30am to 10pm, Sunday: 7.30am to 10pm
- Kitsons Chemist, 8 Orchard Place, Barlaston ST12 9DL - Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 5.30pm (closed 1 - 2 pm for lunch) Saturday: 9.30am. to 1pm
- Premier Barlaston, 2 Orchard Place, Barlaston ST12 9DL - Monday to Saturday: 6.00am to 9.00pm, Sunday: 7.00am to 9.00pm
- Country Cabin, 10 Holding, Barlaston Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 4AL - Monday to Thursday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm; Friday 8.30 am to 5.30 pm; Saturday: 8.30 am to 5.00 pm; Sunday: 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
The specified documents are;
- The Barlaston Neighbourhood Plan (pdf 2.97mb)
- Report of the independent examiner (pdf 349kb)
- Representations submitted to the independent examiner (pdf 10.2mb)
- Decision Statement by the local planning authority (299kb)
- The Information Statement (pdf 77kb)
- General information about neighbourhood planning (pdf 149kb)