We want you to keep safe whilst you are enjoying your time in our towns and villages. The information and links below will help you have a great time, stay healthy and keep safe.
Taxi Ranks in Stafford and Stone
There are four taxi ranks in Stafford town centre. These are located in Salter Street (ST16 2JU, Bridge Street (ST16 2HL) and at the railway station (ST16 2AA) and Broad Street (ST16 2QB).
In Stone the Taxi rank is located at Granville Square (ST15 9AE).
Taxi Marshalls in Stafford
The Taxi Marshall service operates in Stafford from 11pm on Friday and Saturday evenings from Bridge Street. Marshalls are easily identified by their fluorescent jackets and radios. They:
- ensure that the taxi rank has an orderly queue and is a safe place to start a taxi journey;
- ensure passengers are fit to travel;
- give priority service to vulnerable people;
- ensure anti-social behaviour is not tolerated at the taxi rank;
- check passengers have the necessary means to pay their taxi fare.
For your protection, the area in which they operate has CCTV cameras and a direct link to the police if needed.
Taxi / Private Hire Vehicle safety
Unlicensed taxi or private hire vehicles are not only illegal - they could be dangerous. An unlicensed taxi will not have been examined by Stafford Borough Council for safety and roadworthiness. It might not even have a current MOT or insurance.
What to look for ...
Stafford Borough Council's taxis:
- are white (unless they are a London-style taxi)
- have a taxi sign on the roof
- display a red licence plate on the front and rear of the vehicle
Only taxis licensed by Stafford Borough Council can wait at a taxi rank or be flagged down in the street.
Private Hire Vehicles operating in Stafford Borough:
- are any colour other than white
- display a green licence plate on the front and rear or the vehicle
- Must be booked
If a private hire vehicle stops for you in the street, the driver is breaking the law and as a consequence their insurance might be invalid for the journey.
Unfortunately, we are not able to make recommendations so have a look in the Yellow Pages or search online for 'Taxis in Stafford' to find a firm.