Our Mission Statement and Service Standards
Stafford Borough Council's benefit service aims to meet the needs of the community by providing a secure and efficient service that is accessible to all, where the right benefit is paid at the right time and a service that contributes positively to the overall welfare of the community.
Housing and/or Local Council Tax Reduction Service Standards
Our standards (pdf 42kb) are that:-
- New claims made via an appointment with our customer services team are processed within an average of 6 calendar days. Please see our current performance (pdf 192kb)
- All new claims are processed within an average of 14 calendar days.
- Notified changes in circumstances are processed within 9 calendar days of receiving all necessary information. Please see our current performance (pdf 192kb)
- Telephone calls will be answered within 4 minutes
- Telephone call abandonment rate will not be higher than 16% of all calls received
- Overpayment notifications will be issued within 3 calendar days.
- We will create a welcoming atmosphere in our reception areas providing disabled accessibility and hearing loop facilities.
- We will make available a private room if you wish to discuss sensitive or confidential business.
- The results from our customer satisfaction surveys for customers in January 2018 (pdf 36kb).
- Our latest Welfare Benefit performance can be viewed here.
What can you do if you think we have not met our standards
Please call our benefit helpline number in 01785 619478 or you can send us an email.
Have your say
Complete our on line feedback form and tell us what you thought of the service we provided to you.