Following the latest Government advice concerning the control measures for Covid-19 we are implementing the following changes to the services that we provide in order to protect the public and our staff:
Our burial grounds at the crematorium are now open again in line with the latest Government directive. The crematorium buildings are closed to the public except for funeral services. The Book of Remembrance Room and administration offices remain closed also.
We understand how difficult this is for many people but ask that you respect this instruction.
- It is with regret that we have to restrict the number of mourners in the chapel to the immediate family only (for example spouse/partner and children)
- To comply with the current guidelines on Social Distancing we request that mourners keep a minimum of 2 metres between each other.
- At the conclusion of the service we ask that mourners disperse as quickly as possible and avoid congregating in the Cloister area.
- For mourners who are not able to participate in a chapel service due to these new restrictions or because they are not able to travel, please speak to the funeral director in charge of the funeral about organising a live online link.
- Cremated remains interments and scatterings are now suspended at all three of our cemeteries (Tixall Road, Eccleshall Road and Stone)
- Please do not visit the crematorium office at Tixall Road Cemetery as this is closed to the public. However, our staff are receiving and responding to emails and telephone enquires as usual. Please allow them more time than usual to respond to your emails: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All planned Sunday Services including memorial services have had to be cancelled until further notice.