You can apply for a free Blue Badge through the Blue Badge Scheme at Staffordshire County Council.
Where can I park using my blue badge?
Disabled bays on street are strictly for the use of disabled people displaying a valid blue badge. Please ensure you check signage carefully. Motorists parked in disabled bays who do not clearly display a valid blue badge in accordance with the instructions provided will be liable for a Penalty Charge Notice.
- For up to three hours on roads where waiting is prohibited unless the signs say 'no loading or unloading'.
- All day on roads where parking is free but restricted by time.
- Do not park in a pedestrian zone unless there is a sign showing that vehicles displaying a blue badge are exempt.
Council Car Parks
IMPORTANT Please ensure you check signage carefully. Valid disabled blue badge and clock must be displayed. Motorists who do not clearly display a valid blue badge and clock will be liable for a Penalty Charge Notice.
- Parking for the registered disabled is free up to the maximum time permitted on short and long stay car parks.
- Parking for the registered disabled on variable stay car parks will be restricted to a maximum of 4 hours free parking. Advertised charges will then apply for additional hours.
- Parking on Waterfront Multi-storey and Riverside Undercroft car parks is charged at the advertised rate.
How do I display my blue badge correctly?
The badge should be displayed on the dashboard of your vehicle with the front side containing the expiry date, issuing authority and wheelchair symbol clearly visible to the Enforcement Officers.
The associated time clock only needs to be displayed when you are parking on yellow lines or in a blue badge parking bay that has a time limit.
In both cases, you should set the time of arrival on the clock and display it next to your badge on the dashboard.
IMPORTANT Please check that your badge has not expired and that you park in a marked bay.
A Shopmobility scheme operates from the Broad Street Car Park
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9am - 4pm and Saturday 9am - 2pm (closed Monday, Wednesday and Sunday). For full details please telephone 01785 619456. Permits must be obtained from 'Shopmobility' and be clearly displayed.