You can also check out our Winter Information and Advice page for other services.
Thank you for making the recycling scheme in this Borough so successful, your continuing support of the scheme is much appreciated. The blue bin contamination campaign continues to be successful and the quality of recycling produced is much improved - well done Stafford Borough residents!
We would like to remind you of the day change arrangements for your household recycling and waste collection services over the Christmas and the New Year period.
Please check your previously issued calendars for these changes or view your calendar using our Postcode Search.
Please ensure your bins are out for collection by 7.00am on the revised days of collection.
Do You Recycle All You Can?
Think Blue Bin It!
Please continue to reduce your waste and recycle as much as possible over the festive period. The Council has arranged a special collection of extra cardboard only for the first scheduled collection of the blue bin after Christmas. Cardboard tied in a bundle (not bagged) neatly placed at the side of the blue bin will be collected in addition to your blue wheeled bin.
If you need more space for your recycling the paper caddy may be put at the side of the blue bin for collection. If the caddy is placed at the side of the bin the contents must be put into recyclable carrier bags (these will not be returned to the property).
Please ensure that only compostable garden waste and Christmas Trees that are cut into small enough pieces are placed in the brown bin. If the bin contains unsuitable material it will not be collected.
Christmas Tree Recycling
- You can help the environment by taking your Christmas tree to the following sites between Tuesday 2 January and Tuesday 9 January 2019 to be collected and recycled:-
- Fletcher's Garden Centre, Eccleshall
- The Allotments Car Park, Gnosall
- The Green Recycling Centre, Barlaston
- The Jubilee Playing Fields Recycling Centre, Little Haywood
- Wyevale Garden Centre Wolseley Bridge, Stafford
- Trees can also be taken to Staffordshire County Council St Albans Road site in Stafford or the Beacon Road site in Stone. For information of the opening times of these sites for this Christmas and New Year please visit Recycle for Staffordshire.
- You could also donate to Katharine House Hospice. Katharine House, working together with Just Helping, run a Christmas tree collection service with the money raised from donations being used to support the Hospice.
Please click this link to register your tree for collection www.charityxmastreecollection.com.
In the event of service disruption caused by adverse weather, we have prepared a dedicated web page giving residents information and advice, please refer to this page during such a disruption for regular updates.
Household Waste Recycling Centres
For further information about the Household Waste Recycling Centres at St Albans Road, Stafford and Beacon Road, Stone please see HWRC's (tip).
Don’t forget that you can now recycle textiles and small electrical items by placing them in bags beside either your green or blue bin.
- Textile and Clothing Collection
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Collection and Used Household Batteries
For further advice on minimising waste over the festive period, please also see our links to:-
Did you know that you can now receive your waste and recycling collection dates by email?
To sign up, please email your name and full address to firstname.lastname@example.org.