I am a member of the following Party:-
|23/07/19||Council (7.00pm) - 23 July 2019|
|4/07/19||Cabinet (6.30pm) - 4 July 2019||Economic Development and Planning Portfolio|
|12/06/19||Cabinet (4.00pm) - 12 June 2019||Economic Development and Planning Portfolio|
|20/05/19||Council (Appointments) (7.00pm) - 20 May 2019|
|18/05/19||Council (Mayor Making) (10.30am) - 18 May 2019|
I am married with four daughters and seven grandchildren; and have lived in Stafford all my married life. My background is as a company director, business advisor and parliamentary lobbyist - as Midlands Director of the Country Land & Business Association (CLA) particularly working with rural businesses, farmers and foresters - and then running my own business. My particular expertise lies in my understanding of rural economic, community and environmental issues local and national.
My various roles bring me alongside a wide range of agencies, voluntary organisations and people. I have broad interests and Board level experience across education, environment, economy and social sectors, including currently:
- Cabinet Member for Economic Development and Planning, Stafford Borough Council;
- Stafford Borough Council representative on Destination Staffordshire, the county’s tourism economic partnership;
- Chair Cannock Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) Joint Committee, for Defra;
- Staffordshire representative to Defra’s national LEPs Rural Roundtable Forum for Staffordshire and Stoke Local Enterprise Partnership;
- Chair Staffordshire Rural Affairs Forum (advisory arm of the LEP);
- Staffordshire ESIF committee (directing EU funding for large scale project bids);
- Broad Eye Windmill Council of Management for SBC;
- Sow & Penk Drainage Board – SBC representative;
- Non-executive Director Engaging Communities. ECS brings together public engagement, research, information provision, advocacy and customer feedback services for the health and social care sector; we manage Health Watch for government in Staffordshire and across the Midlands and North West;
- Midland Heritage Champion for Historic England;
- Trustee William Salt Library in Stafford, a unique archive of Staffordshire history;
- Trustee Staffordshire Yeomanry Museum, housed in the High House, Stafford;
- Magistrate since 1980 (supplemental list).
- Previous Board positions: Secretary of State appointee to Peak District National Park Authority; Harper Adams University; Stafford and Rural Homes; Staffordshire Ambulance Trust, Staffordshire Crimestoppers (founder member); Government Food and Farming Panel responsible for industry responses to government on agri-food, economic and environmental policies. I have been involved extensively in food/farming initiatives for Government with schools, education authorities on healthy eating.
- A high proportion - 10 of 37 - parish council and parish meetings in the borough are within Milwich ward. I attend their generally monthly meetings as often as possible, shared with my fellow councillor Andrew Harp (over 100 meetings pa!). Each clerk has my details or I can be contacted by leaving a message with my husband Michael at home on 01785 240667, on my mobile 07877 896466 or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org