On 6 May 2021 Stafford Borough Council will be holding the following elections:
- Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner
- County Council
- Stone Neighbourhood Plan Referendum
- Stone Town and Creswell Parish Council
Changes to Polling Stations 2021
We have had to make changes to some of our polling stations for this year.
Find Your Polling Station
Key dates and deadlines
Register to vote - the last day to register to vote in May 2021 is 19 April 2021.
The deadline to register for a postal vote is 5pm on 20 April 2021. Use this form for either a temporary or permanent postal vote.
- Existing Postal Votes and new Postal Vote applications received by 22 March 2021 will be posted out on or around 21 April 2021
- Postal applications received between 23 March to 20 April 2021 will be posted out on or around 27 April 2021.
The deadline to appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf is 5pm on 27 April 2021.
Statutory timetable for the above election.
Where do I send completed application forms?
You can either email a scanned image of the form or a clear photograph, showing a full page, to email@example.com, or post to:
- Elections Office, Stafford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford ST16 3AQ
If you require a paper copy of a postal vote application posting out to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address, confirming that you would like us to post one out to you.
Alternatively, you can call 01785 619424 to arrange for an application form to be posted out to you.
We are currently making provisions to ensure that voting at polling stations will be as safe as possible during the current Covid-19 situation. We are working hard with Central Government, the Electoral Commission and the wider electoral community and public health authorities to help ensure you stay safe when casting your vote next May.
Should you have any concerns about voting in person you can set up a postal vote to receive your ballot papers via the postal service, instead of attending a polling station.