Skip to main content

Housing Options - Move on from Supported Accommodation

    Your support worker will let you know when they think that you are ready to move on from supported accommodation.

    Your support worker will send a referral form to Stafford Borough Council to have your priority on our Housing Register assessed.  You will need to register with Stafford and Rural Homes if you have not already done so and start bidding for social housing properties.

    There is, however, a shortage of social housing and therefore you may also wish to consider the private rented sector.  It may be more affordable than you think and we may be able to help you with such things as the deposit, through our Deposit Guarantee Scheme.

    There are many things that you need to think about when moving home and there are lots of ways we can help. For further information please contact the Housing Options Services.

    A to Z of Services