Stafford Borough businesses heard first hand from HS2 recently on the opportunities the construction of the Stafford section will present to them . View the presentation and information on how to engage.
Over 1,000 businesses local to the new railway are already delivering work on the project, 70% of which are small and medium sized businesses.
HS2 Meet the Contractor Event - November - Information and Registration
Every year, HS2 delivers a Meet the Contractor event. Normally this would take place at a venue with limited number of attendees, however this year they are taking things digital! This will open up the event to many more businesses and we are keen for Stafford Borough businesses to engage.
Events start on Monday 23 November to Wednesday 25 November 2020. View the agenda for an indicative programme.
Register for this and all of the other events on offer.
Local service providers
HS2 Ltd and contractors would like to understand what services local businesses in and around the line of route can offer and there is a short registration form where local businesses can register their interest.
Examples of local services required include:
- Transport and Logistics – transport individual and workforce, vehicle management
- Site Services – cleaners, waste disposal, clothing, generators
- Creative Services – video, photography, graphic design, stationary, printing
- Food and Catering - onsite catering vans, drinking waters, vending machines
- Accommodation - B & B, site offices, modular buildings
- Trade and Construction – painters and decorators, electricians, machinery hire
- Employee Services – hair dressers, child care, entertainment, laundry services
Details of opportunities including ITTs issued, contracts awarded and contracts that have been withdrawn can be found here. The Supply chain map shows location of opportunities. Register your interest in supply chain opportunities on the CompeteFor website or alternatively contact one of our Business Engagement Team at email@example.com to discuss your HS2 involvement further.
Contracts awarded include:
- Tree Clearance
- Driver Training
- Steel Structures
- Temporary Hoarding
- CCTV installation
- Secondary Glazing
- Traffic Marshalling
- Temporary Cabins
- Small Plant and Tool Hire
Business and Local Economy Fund
This funding programme is targeted at organisations which have formal objectives that support the development of local business/tourism. Make an application to one of the Funds.
Applications can be for capital or revenue funding from £10,000 up to a maximum of £250,000
Examples of BLEF projects:
- Improved local cycling and pedestrian access to local economic centres
- General promotional activity for local economic benefit
- Employment and job creation schemes
- Projects that aim to increase tourist visits to an area