The Stafford 10K takes in roads and routes around Stafford Town Centre. To make sure that runners, residents and spectators experience a happy and safe event it is necessary to close some roads and manage traffic with temporary controls - details of which can be found here.
Previous runners of the Stafford 10K and our sister event, the Stafford Half Marathon, have always enjoyed their visit to Stafford and in particular the amazing support and encouragement they have had from local residents lining the route. We have identified a few cheering points on the map below, however if the course is passing your front door you will not have to travel far to cheer them on.
This table shows approximate times runners are expected to be in the different locations on the route.
|Time||Location on Route|
|10:30hrs||Stafford Town Centre - Race Start|
|10:30hrs - 10:40hrs||Lichfield Road|
|10:35hrs - 10:50hrs||Riverway, Corporation Street|
|10:40hrs - 10:55hrs||Cambridge Street, Prospect Road|
|10:40hrs - 11:10hrs||Trenchard Avenue, Beaconside Close|
|10:45hrs - 11:15hrs||Beaconside Close, Portal Road|
|10:45hrs - 11:15hrs||Beaconside, Borona Way|
|10:45hrs - 11:20hrs||Sandon Road, The Haybarn|
|10:50hrs - 11:35hrs||Isabel Trail|
|10:55hrs - 11:45hrs||Doxey Road, North Castle Street, South Street|
|10:55hrs - 11:50hrs||Victoria Park|
|11:00hrs - 12:00hrs||Stafford Town Centre, Market Square - Race Finish|
To help you plan ahead....
- Stafford town centres pedestrianised zone will be closed from 07:30hrs - 12:30hrs
- A detailed road closure map can be viewed at roadworks.org
- Stafford 10K starts at 10:30hrs in Stafford town centre, the later stages of the course will be stewarded until 12:00hrs. Route closures and temporary traffic controls will be in place for various periods of time between 10:30hrs - 12:00hrs
- If you need to travel on the day of the event, Sunday 24 September, we recommend that you plan ahead to consider the best route for your journey and allow extra time to travel
- Please drive with caution if you are sharing road use with runners. There will be advance warning signs on roads that are going to be affected and stewards will be in place to direct the runners along the 10km course
- Please be aware of temporary traffic controls that may be in place, these will include stop/go boards
- Temporary parking restrictions will be in place on Prospect Road and Trenchard Avenue
- There is a runners welfare station on the route at Beaconside Close near to Portal Road. At this point volunteers will hand out bottled water, portable toilets will be available for the runners, St John Ambulance will be on hand to help with first aid
- Access for the emergency services will not be affected
- Our Streetscene team will clear any event related litter from around the course during the week following the event
We would like to a big thank you to the residents of Stafford for your continued support and opportunity to race around your roads.