Licence - Animal Movement

Business Licences and Street Trading

This is a service that Stafford Borough Council does not provide. Further information regarding Animal Movement is available from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs or DEFRA on their website or by using the contact details below.

In the aftermath of the Foot and Mouth outbreak a rigorous regime of licensing which controls the movement of a range of animals has been introduced. The most common animals whose movements have to be licensed are sheep, pigs and cows.

The conditions which apply to these movements vary according to the type of animal, the destination and the type of trip. In addition, these conditions are constantly being altered and so it is important that you make yourself aware of the latest conditions when applying for a movement licence.

In certain conditions all that is necessary is for you to complete the licence and forward the copies as laid down. The licences can be obtained from your local DEFRA (Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs) office.

All the information regarding the conditions are available on the DEFRA website.



Tel: 08459 33 55 77

How Do You Rate This Page?

A to Z of Services