"Building Stafford and Surrounds healthy future by working together to support residents and communities to take control of their own health and wellbeing"
At the Council we focus on Community Development, the process of community members coming together to take collective action and generate solutions to common problems that face our residents and the communities in which they live.
Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) is an effective approach that is used to ensure communities are kept central and involved in all decisions that can impact their lifestyle, health and wellbeing and focuses on residents working together to achieve shared goals and visions.
Our focus is to constantly improve the quality of life of local people by providing a safe, clean and attractive place for residents to live and work, and encourage people to engage in developing strong communities as set out in the Stafford Borough Council Corporate Business Plan 2018-2021 (pdf 985kb).
Our Health and Wellbeing Officers are able to support residents and their communities to;
- Identify local needs to improve health and wellbeing against the Stafford and Surrounds Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- Support and inform project development to meet community need
- Access further funding opportunities
- Identify training and development requirements
- Be more active and engage with the public sector
By being more involved we hope communities will benefit in a number of ways including;
- Feeling better connected and engaged
- A better knowledge of local support and services available
- Reduced levels of loneliness and isolation
- Confidence in their abilities and skills
- A better understanding of health and wellbeing needs and how they can use this to inform policy and funding decisions
If you are interested in volunteering in your local community or are a local community group that would like help please contact us on 01785 619675 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org