What is it ?
We have launched a fund to help support small to medium rural based businesses (SMEs), that are located within Stafford Borough. Applications will be open from 1 November 2021 to 14 December 2021.
This is a limited fund of £300,000 and applications will be processed in date order.
Grants of £2000-£10000 will be available to support businesses who have plans to develop new products and/or services and who can demonstrate their ambitions for growth post-Covid via a growth or development project.
Applications are invited from the following priority sectors:
- Logistics, storage, transport
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Information and communication
- Agriculture, forestry and fishing, environmental
Other business to business service and product providers will be considered
Who is eligible ?
Businesses in sectors listed above provided:
- The business operates from commercial premises
- 75% of sales income is from other businesses (i.e. B2B)
- The business can provide a full set of trading accounts
- The business can outline plans for growing or developing the business
- Evidence of decrease in turnover due to Covid-19
- The business employs less than 250 full-time equivalent persons
- The business has annual turnover less than 40 million
What will the grant cover ?
Examples of eligible expenditure:
- Website design
- Marketing material - brochures, flyers, leaflets, posters
- Specialist Advice - HR / Finance / Marketing / Legal
- New additional capital equipment
- New signage, seating, marquees
- Advertising, PR, Publicity costs
- Recruitment and training
Businesses are required to complete an online expression of interest form if they feel their business may be eligible. Please complete the expression of interest form (pdf 71kb) and email to email@example.com.
- EOIs will be reviewed in order of receipt
- Successful applicants at this stage, will be invited to complete a full application
Documents required to support full application:
- Application form including detail of growth plans and how the grant would support these
- Profit and loss accounts for 2019/20 and for 2020/21 showing a reduction in turnover for 2020/21
A business adviser will make contact where relevant to discuss the business needs further and how the grant will help with recovery and growth plans.