Do you have a business idea that you have researched and believe to be viable, but lack the finance to set it up?
Stafford Borough’s business start-up scheme could help turn your dream into a reality.
This one-off grant, which provides 100% funding, up to a maximum of £5,000, is funded through the Additional Restrictions Grant fund, where £500,000 has been put aside to support local business start-ups.
What can the grant fund?
- Capital equipment
- Marketing materials eg leaflets, business cards, posters, hire of exhibition stands
- Advertising, publicity, and PR
- Website creation, social media and app development
- Specialist advice eg HR, finance, legal, marketing, planning
- New signage, seating, marquees
This list is not exhaustive and other expenditure can be considered.
The grant cannot be used to pay for purchases already made.
Who can apply?
We are inviting applications from permanent residents of Stafford Borough, who want to set up their business in the Stafford Borough in the financial year 2021/2022.
Businesses that are open and have been trading are not eligible.
Applications are invited from:
- Permanent residents who have recently been made redundant or are facing redundancy
- Economically inactive residents i.e not in employment
- Economically active residents i.e in employment
To be eligible for the grant, applicants must be some way towards opening a business without actually having started to trade (e.g registered at Companies House, or signed a lease or opened a busines bank account etc) and have been prohibited from doing so by Covid-19 restrictions that have been in place.
What is the application process?
Following receipt of applications, a member of our Business Engagement Team will be in touch with you to discuss your ideas further, and amongst other things, the documentation required to support your application.
Applicants will then be required to provide the following:
- Information on startup advice received
- Business plan
- Financial forecast
- Quotation for the service/product being funded
- Bank statement for payment verification purposes
- Copy of commercial premises lease (if relevant)
- Evidence of UTR (if relevant)
- Evidence of National Insurance Number eg from P45/60, recent pay slip
Following receipt and subsequent approval of all the above documentation, the grant will be paid directly into the applicant’s bank account. Successful applicants do not have to pay for the project before being able to draw down the grant monies.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a six-month progress report around how beneficial the grant has been for their business. With the applicant’s consent, this information may be used for publicity purposes.
The closing date for this grant is 30 September 2021.
Please read our Additional Restrictions Grant Policy (pdf 169kb) for full guidelines.
Please complete the application form below and we will be in touch with you to discuss your plans.