The Master plan and Final Proposals (pdf 12mb) for outdoor recreational activities and leisure facilities at Westbridge Park is now available.
Residents, businesses and organisations gave us feedback during July and August as part of the second phase of our consultation. This has helped produce a master plan that includes:
- New playground for toddlers and juniors
- Natural Play Opportunities
- Wheeled sports provision
- Teenage facilities
- Multi Use Games Area (MUGA)
- Wildlife Zones
- Picnic and seating areas
- Better infrastructure, including paths and bins
- Events space.
A number of recommendations have been put forward. For example:
- We will be asking local teenagers and young people to help us design a new skate park
- Consider having outdoor gym equipment as part of the master plan
- Choosing play equipment for the park that the schoolchildren in Stone wanted
You can now see the Phase 2 consultation results (pdf 2.8mb).
Future updates will be made available on this webpage and through the media.
For more information email email@example.com or call 01785 619330
Here is the full report from Phase 1 of the consultation (pdf 5.1mb) which took place during February and March 2017.
New Leisure Centre
The new Stone Leisure Centre opened in April 2019 and includes a six lane 25-metre swimming pool, gym and fitness studios under one roof.
The leisure centre is run by Freedom leisure on our behalf