A General Election will take place on Thursday 12 December 2019 between the hours of 7.00am and 10.00pm.
- Notice of Election - Stafford Constituency (pdf 21kb)
- Notice of Election - Stone Constituency (pdf 20kb)
- Stafford Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll (list of candidates and polling stations) (pdf 49kb)
- Stone Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll (list of candidates and polling stations) (pdf 56kb)
- Appointment of Election Agents - Stafford (pdf 12kb)
- Appointment of Election Agents - Stone (pdf 14kb)
If you would like to stand as a candidate in the election candidate information and a nomination pack are available from the Electoral Commission's website.
Please ensure you use the Electoral Register as published on 6 November 2019 when completing your Nomination Form.
A briefing session for prospective candidates was held on Wednesday 6 November 2019 at the Civic Centre, Stafford Borough Council. The presentation slides (pdf 209kb) are available to download.
- Candidate Spending Limits (pdf 93kb)
- Use of Public Rooms for Election Meetings
- Electorates as at 6 November 2019
- Stafford Constituency 70,923
- Stone Constituency 68,198
You will not be able to vote at this election if you are not on the Electoral Register. To register please go to www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
To apply for a Postal Vote complete and return your form by 5pm on Tuesday 26 November 2019 to Elections Office, Stafford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford ST16 3AQ.
Postal Vote Despatch Dates
|Application received by||Postal vote despatched on or around|
|5 November 2019||Friday 22 November 2019|
|Applications received between||Postal vote despatched on or around|
|6 - 26 November 2019||Friday 29 November 2019|
To apply for a Proxy complete and return your form to Elections Office, Stafford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford ST16 3AQ by 5pm Wednesday 4 December 2019.
We have made some changes to polling stations (pdf 15kb).