A General Election took place on Thursday 12 December 2019 between the hours of 7.00am and 10.00pm.
- Notice of Election - Stafford Constituency (pdf 21kb)
- Notice of Election - Stone Constituency (pdf 20kb)
- Stafford Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll (list of candidates and polling stations) (pdf 49kb)
- Stone Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll (list of candidates and polling stations) (pdf 56kb)
- Appointment of Election Agents - Stafford (pdf 12kb)
- Appointment of Election Agents - Stone (pdf 14kb)
If you would like to stand as a candidate in the election candidate information and a nomination pack are available from the Electoral Commission's website.
Please ensure you use the Electoral Register as published on 6 November 2019 when completing your Nomination Form.
A briefing session for prospective candidates was held on Wednesday 6 November 2019 at the Civic Centre, Stafford Borough Council. The presentation slides (pdf 209kb) are available to download.
- Candidate Spending Limits (pdf 93kb)
- Use of Public Rooms for Election Meetings
- Electorates as at 6 November 2019
- Stafford Constituency 70,923
- Stone Constituency 68,198
You will not be able to vote at this election if you are not on the Electoral Register. The deadline for registering to vote in the General Election was 11.59pm on 26 November 2019.
The deadline to apply for a Postal Vote was 5pm on Tuesday 26 November 2019.
Postal Vote Despatch Dates
|Application received by||Postal vote despatched on or around|
|5 November 2019||Friday 22 November 2019|
|Applications received between||Postal vote despatched on or around|
|6 - 26 November 2019||Friday 29 November 2019|
To apply for a Proxy complete and return your form to Elections Office, Stafford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford ST16 3AQ by 5pm Wednesday 4 December 2019.
We have made some changes to polling stations (pdf 15kb).