Planning - What happens after a decision is made?

Statutory Register - Decision Notice

Planning advice, building control and town centre management

The Council issues a formal decision notice that states whether permission is granted or refused.

To view a planning application decision, visit Planning Public Access

Development can begin at any time within three years of the date of the permission.

The permission may include conditions that also need to be met. These can be viewed as part of the decision notice.

How can I appeal?

There is no third party right of appeal. Only an applicant or their agent can make an appeal against a refused application or against a condition on a decision.

Appeals are decided by the Planning Inspectorate (PINS), not by Stafford Borough Council. You may want to discuss the decision with the case officer. You can do this by calling the Customer Contact Centre on 01785 619337.

Planning Inspectorate

The Planning Inspectorate's appeals work can be viewed on the GOV.UK website

A to Z of Services