The Council has developed an interest free loan to help owners of empty homes bring their property back into use.
- The property must be empty for at least six months and be located within Stafford Borough.
- There must be sufficient equity in the property to be considered for a loan.
- The applicant must be aged over 18 and be the owner of the property or the owner’s representative.
- The loan is a maximum of £10,000 and is repayable once the property becomes re-occupied. If the property is still unoccupied after six months of the payment of the loan, loan repayments will commence or the loan must be repaid in full.
- The loan repayment period is a maximum of two years.
- Loans will be registered as a local land charge until repaid in full.
- If the total cost of repair work is greater than the loan amount, the owner MUST provide evidence that they have the finances to complete the repairs and any unforeseen additional costs.
- The loan will be paid directly to the contractors upon receipt of a satisfactory invoice. The owner must source their own contractors.
Full terms and conditions will be provided prior to application.
If you are interested in applying for an Empty Homes Loan, please contact the Housing Standards Team for advice on 01785 619000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org