We are committed to processing new applications for benefit in the quickest possible time.
How does it work?
There are 3 key steps:
Call in and see one of our customer services advisors or if you are housebound or work during our normal office hours, we will visit you.
Complete the application form and provide all the required information and evidence that the claim form asks for.
Submit your claim and that's it!
Download our How to Claim guide for more information on what you need to do and what information you will need to provide to support your claim.
What information will I need to provide?
1. Proof of Identity and National Insurance Number
2. For you and your partner (if relevant) - at least 2 of the following:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Gas / Electricity or Water Bill
- Driving Licence
- NHS Medical Card
- Marriage Certificate
- Benefit Entitlement Letter or Payment Books
- UK Residence Permit
- EEC ID Card
- Credit Cards
3. We need to see proof of ALL income for you and your partner (if relevant) For example:
- Wage slips
- Benefit Payment Books or Award Letters
- Recent bank statements
- Proof of any other investments
- Proof of any other income
4. We also need to see proof of the income of anyone else who lives with you:
- Proof of your Rent
- Your latest Tenancy Agreement
- Your Rent Book
- Or Written Confirmation from your Landlord
In order to make a new claim telephone our Counter Services Team on 01785 619478 or email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get an Estimate
Use the on-line calculator to estimate how much benefit you may be entitled to.
What other benefits may you be entitled to?
To find out what other benefits you may be entitled to, visit the Direct Gov website or call the benefits helpline number on 01785 619478.