We have produced a tenant information pack containing the key information that all tenants and prospective tenants should know. Please read it carefully and feel free to contact our Housing Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
If you are having any problems with your landlord or are concerned about the property standards of a private rented home, you should contact us for help on 01785 619000.
- Main Duties of Landlords and Tenants
- Tenancy Agreements and Inventories
- Property Viewing Checklist (pdf 43kb)
- Energy Performance Certificates
- Tenancy Deposit Protection
- Housing Benefit/Local Housing Allowance
- Harrassment and Illegal Eviction
- The Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
- Damp, Condensation and Mould
- Keep Your Home Free from Damp, Condensation and Mould Leaflet (pdf 649kb)
- Gas Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Furniture and Furnishing Safety
- Enforcement against the HHSRS
- House in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
- Redress Scheme Requirement
- Landlords Accreditation Scheme
If you would like more information on the above, the Department for Communities and Local Government have released a document called
'How to Rent'.