We have produced a tenant information pack containing the key information that all tenants and prospective tenants should know. Please read it carefully and feel free to contact our Housing Team by emailing email@example.com if you have any questions.
If you are having any problems with your landlord or are concerned about the property standards of a private rented home, you should contact us for help on 01785 619000.
- Main Duties of Landlords and Tenants
- Assured Shorthold Tenancies
- Tenancy Agreements and Inventories
- Property Viewing Checklist (pdf 43kb)
- Energy Performance Certificates
- Tenancy Deposit Protection
- The Deposit Guarantee Scheme
- Housing Benefit/Local Housing Allowance
- Harrassment and Illegal Eviction
- The Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
- Damp, Condensation and Mould
- Keep Your Home Free from Damp, Condensation and Mould Leaflet (pdf 649kb)
- Gas Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Furniture and Furnishing Safety
- Enforcement against the HHSRS
- House in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
- Redress Scheme Requirement
- Landlords Accreditation Scheme
If you are currently looking for a new home you may also wish to visit our housing options page for further advice.
If you are already renting but are worried about losing your home you should visit our housing advice page.
If you would like more information on the above, the Department for Communities and Local Government have released a document called
'How to Rent'.