Over 5.5 million properties in England and Wales are at risk of flooding from rivers, seas or surface water. That's one in six, which means there's a high chance one of these properties is your home or business.
It pays to prepare for flooding - if your home or business is flooded it can be costly, not just in terms of money and time but also inconvenience and heartache. While it's impossible to completely flood-proof a property, there are lots of things you can do to reduce the damage flooding can cause. The key is to act now so you're prepared if there's a flood in your area.
Please click on any of the following links for information around flooding and what you can do to help yourself.
- Find out if you're at risk of flooding in England
- Get help during a flood
- Prepare for flooding
- Report a flood or possible cause of flooding
- Sign up for flood warnings
- Staffordshire County Council - Flooding
- Staffordshire Prepared - Flooding - know your risks
- What to do after a flood