Inspections on Work Related Accidents are dealt with in the following way:
- Inspections of business premises such as offices, shops and warehouses to ensure conditions are satisfactory and safe.
- Investigation of accidents at work which involve either staff or the general public.
- Investigation of complaints relating to health and safety.
- We provide information to businesses and members of the public to increase general awareness of health and safety.
- We do not deal with Council buildings and employees, manufacturing, construction or food industries.
- Health and safety in food premises industry is dealt with by our Food Team except in food manufacturing which is dealt with by the Health and Safety Executive.
- Council buildings, manufacturing and construction industries are also dealt with by the Health and Safety Executive.
You can find more information on the Health and Safety Executive web site.