The housing strategy has a vision to provide a range of high quality, safe and affordable housing to meet the current and future needs of Stafford Borough’s population and to ensure a healthy living environment for residents and local communities.
There are two overarching priorities for Stafford Borough Council and partners, the first is Desirable Homes and Neighbourhoods, we will:-
- Deliver a range of housing types and tenures to meet local needs;
- Ensure desirable homes and neighbourhoods;
- Encourage owners of empty homes to bring properties back into use;
- Promote the Borough as a place to invest; and
- Ensure public space is clean, green and attractive.
The second priority is Healthy People and Communities, we will:-
- Prevent homelessness and support homeless households into permanent accommodation;
- Ensure homes across all tenures provide a healthy living environment that enable residents to thrive;
- Tackle Fuel Poverty and Energy Inefficient Homes;
- Support residents to find work, where needed, to avoid long term worklessness;
- Ensure older and vulnerable households, including carers have access to services; and
- Support the reduction of crime in locality areas and support victims of crime.