It is the place to work if you want to make a positive difference to the Borough.
Working for us is not just any job - you will be playing a part in serving a whole community. It is impossible to do this without the dedication, commitment and professionalism of every one of our employees.
From day one you will receive a warm welcome followed by a comprehensive induction. It is important to us that you settle into our organisation as effectively and easily as possible.
We are a small authority and our roles within it can be very broad giving you variety, responsibility and interest. Being a small authority means we are very much one team - and a team which is supportive, innovative and flexible and where everyone‘s contribution is valued.
Whether you are looking for full or part time work in a professional, technical or manual field, an opportunity to make a real contribution, a change of direction, or if you are just starting out in your working life, we may well have a job that suits you.
A healthy work-life balance helps contribute to performance and deliver a better service to the Borough. We have introduced a range of benefits, which have been designed to make the Council a positive, supportive and enjoyable place to work.
- A friendly, supportive and positive working environment
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Minimum of 23.5 days holiday entitlement excluding bank holidays
- Flexible working scheme (where applicable to the post)
- Maternity pay above the statutory minimum
- Training and development opportunities
- Excellent occupational sick pay scheme
- Positive working relationships with trade unions
Supportive Health and Wellbeing programmes:
- Childcare Voucher scheme to aid parents with their childcare costs
- Cycle to Work scheme (providing tax free bikes to employees)
- Paycare (A health care scheme which allows you to recover some of your healthcare costs)
- Reduced membership for the gym / fitness / swimming facilities at any of our leisure centres
If you need information in large print, Braille, other language or on audio cassette please contact: 01785 619000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.