Victoria Park is Green Flag award winning park located on the banks of River Sow in the heart of Stafford Town Centre.
Originally named the Victoria Park Pleasure Grounds the site opened in 1908 and is the Boroughs principal destination park. The park now covers an area of 4.95 acres the park is the largest formal park in the Borough.
The site contains the listed structures of the Alderman Mottram shelter and the County War Memorial. The structure of the park has changed very little since the park was opened and as a result the original park layout is still in existence today.
The original park was extended twice, firstly in 1911 and secondly in 1930 when the play facilities were added to the North Western corner.
The park has an active friends of group who are an independent voluntary group who are active in increasing the community use and ownership of the site. To find out more visit the website Friends of Victoria Park.
Site excluding play area;
April 8am - 8pm
May to August 8am - 9pm
September 8am - 8pm
October 8am - 6pm
November till February 8am - 4:30pm
The Victoria Park Play Area is open from 8am till park closing time daily, except Wednesday 10m till park closing time.
Victoria Park is located on Tenterbanks, Stafford, ST16 2QF. The nearest car parks are either Tenterbanks or Doxey Road (near Sainsburys) but you can park in any of the Town Centre car parks and follow the finger posts.
For public transport information please visit Traveline Midlands or call 0871 200 22 33.
Victoria Park is home to the Friends of Victoria Park.
In order for every visitor to enjoy the park there are a number of byelaws enforce on the park.
Green Flag Award 2007 - 2013