Covid-19 Information and Guidance
In accordance with current Government guidelines, all council parks and play parks will be open from 4 July, although:
- From Thursday 30 July 2020, the toilets at Victoria Park play area will be open (10am-4pm). However, all other on-site park toilets will remain closed until further notice
- The splash pad at Victoria Park will not be operating
- The play area and skate bowl are open daily (10am-7pm)
- The historic section of Victoria Park and its bowling green will remain closed because of the restoration work taking place
- Bowling and tennis are now permitted at most of our parks under certain circumstances (see individual park webpages for details).
- Rowley Park is open for vehicles and pedestrians but some activities are restricted or still closed. The bowling green is open. Please check Rowley Park website for details
- Stafford Castle grounds - Vehicle and pedestrian access is available to the castle grounds. Visitor Centre and public toilets are closed so please plan ahead. For opening times and more information visit the Stafford Castle website.
- Littleworth Park is currently open for bowling clubs only
- Riverway Bowling Greens are open
For your health and that of the community you must observe the following:
- Do not visit a park if you have symptoms of Covid-19
- Observe social distancing guidelines and good hygiene at all times
- See more information about our parks at www.staffordbc.gov.uk/park
Stonefield Park (ST15 8HG) is tucked away in a traditional residential area in the heart of Stone and only a 10 minute walk north of the town centre. Whilst once this was an adults only park, today the park is enjoyed and beloved by all ages.
You can keep up to date with Stonefield Park on Facebook.
- Bowling Green (open April to September - available for hire)
- Tennis Courts (Hard Court) (available for hire)
- Toilets (open during supervised hours)
- Play Area (Additional Bye laws apply)
Roundabout, Slide, Swings (Cradle and flat)
The park was opened in by Sir Ernest Johnson on the 24 March 1928 and contained formal flowerbeds, a bandstand two grassed tennis courts and a bowling green. With the exception of the bandstand these features still remain today.
Park Opening Hours
- April 9am - 8pm
- May to August 9am - 9pm
- September 9am - 8pm
- October 9am - 6pm
- November to February 9am - 4.30pm
- March 9am - 6pm
Friends of Stonefield Park
A Friends of Stonefield Park group has been established and is looking for members to join this locally based group who want to promote Stonefield Park as a valuable community resource.
If you are interested in joining the group please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting to Us
Stonefield Park is located on Field Terrace (of Radford Street), Stone, ST15 8HG. Please note that visitors by car will have to park on the road. You can also reach the park via public transport, please visit Traveline or call 0871 200 2233.
- No Camping or Fires
- No Golf
- No Motor Vehicles
- No Horse Riding
- Please dispose of your litter properly