Covid-19 Information and Guidance
Following recent changes to Government guidance bowling and tennis are now permitted under certain circumstances. Please see below for the latest information.
In accordance with current Government guidelines, please note that the following parks and facilities are open:
- Charnley Road
- Westbridge Park
- Wildwood Park (Tennis courts open from 25 May 2020)
- Rowley Park - open to pedestrians only
- Stafford Castle grounds - open to pedestrians only. The main gates remain closed to pedestrians and vehicles until further notice
- Littleworth Park (bowling clubs only) from 25 May 2020
- Stonefield Park from 25 May 2020
- Riverway Bowling Greens from 25 May 2020
For your health and that of the community you must observe the following when visiting those of our parks that remain open:
- You must stay more than two metres away from other people who are not members of your household.
- You must not use play areas, equipment or other shared spaces until further notice
From Monday 25 May Stonefield Park will reopen. This will include the bowling green and tennis courts. The children’s play area, the toilets and buildings will remain closed.
Social distancing and good hygiene practice must be adhered to on all sites or we will have to reconsider the position on having these areas open.
More information about our parks from www.staffordbc.gov.uk/parks
Stonefield Park (ST15 8HG) is tucked away in a traditional residential area in the heart of Stone and only a 10 minute walk north of the town centre. Whilst once this was an adults only park, today the park is enjoyed and beloved by all ages.
You can keep up to date with Stonefield Park on Facebook.
- Bowling Green (open April to September - available for hire)
- Tennis Courts (Hard Court) (available for hire)
- Toilets (open during supervised hours)
- Play Area (Additional Bye laws apply)
Roundabout, Slide, Swings (Cradle and flat)
The park was opened in by Sir Ernest Johnson on the 24 March 1928 and contained formal flowerbeds, a bandstand two grassed tennis courts and a bowling green. With the exception of the bandstand these features still remain today.
Park Opening Hours
April 9am - 8pm
May to August 9am - 9pm
September 9am - 8pm
October 9am - 6pm
November to February 9am - 4.30pm
March 9am - 6pm
Friends of Stonefield Park
A Friends of Stonefield Park group has been established and is looking for members to join this locally based group who want to promote Stonefield Park as a valuable community resource.
If you are interested in joining the group please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting to Us
Stonefield Park is located on Field Terrace (of Radford Street), Stone, ST15 8HG. Please note that visitors by car will have to park on the road. You can also reach the park via public transport, please visit Traveline or call 0871 200 2233.
No Camping or Fires
No Motor Vehicles
No Horse Riding
Please dispose of your litter properly