For upcoming events please visit Victoria Park Events.
We would like to know your opinion about the overall quality of Victoria Park and Play Area. Please take a few moments to complete our Visitor Survey.
Victoria Park is a Green Flag award winning park located on the banks of the River Sow in the heart of Stafford Town Centre (ST16 2QF).
Victoria Park and the Heritage Lottery Fund
The park has recently undergone a programme of £2.5M restoration work thanks to funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund. More information about the project can be found on the Victoria Park - Heritage Lottery Fund webpage.
The park offers a wide range of facilities all year round for all ages to engage in recreation activities. With the River Sow running through the park, the grassy bank offers a perfect opportunity to sit and relax whilst watching the ducks. Don't forget to keep up to date with what is happening by following Victoria Park on Facebook.
Originally named the Victoria Park Pleasure Grounds, the site opened in 1908 and is the Boroughs principal destination park. The park now covers an area of 4.95 acres, the park is the largest formal park in the Borough.
The site contains the listed structures of the Alderman Mottram shelter and the County War Memorial. The structure of the park has changed very little since the park was opened and as a result the original park layout is still in existence today.
The original park was extended twice, firstly in 1911 and secondly in 1930 when the play facilities were added to the North Western corner.
- Band Stand (available for hire)
- Bowling Green (open April to September - available for hire)
- Glass House (Formal arrangements using a selection of the plants can be hired for formal occasions such as award ceremonies or fundraising evenings
- Albert’s Café serving hot and cold food and drinks. Follow them on Facebook www.facebook.com/alberts.cafe.stafford
- Education Centre - 10 x 3.5m classroom with WiFi and accessible WC, greenhouse and outdoor space (also available to hire as a classroom, meeting room or party room).
- Riverside Amphitheatre
- Riverside Walks
- Sensory raised garden
- Splash Pad
- Play Area - ST16 2QP (Additional Byelaws apply)
Climbing Net 7m High, Roundabout, Sand Pit and Sand Diggers, Senior Multi-play Unit, Skate Simulator, Slide 5m High, Springers, Swings (Cradle, Flat and Group), Trampoline, Toddler Multi-play Unit, Wet Play Area (open during Summer season only), Wheeled Sports Bowl.
Park Opening Hours
Site excluding play area:
- March 8am - 6pm
- April 8am - 8pm
- May to August 8am - 9pm
- September 8am - 8pm
- October 8am - 6pm
- November to February 8am - 4.30pm
The Victoria Park Play Area is open from 10am until an hour before park closing time daily.
In the event of severe weather (such as snow, ice or flooding) or any health and safety issues (such as tree works, vandalism or damage to equipment) the park and play park, including Albert's Cafe, may be closed without notice for the safety of the public. We do try to update our Facebook page with any unplanned closures although this is not always possible.
Friends of Victoria Park
The park has an active friends of group who are an independent voluntary group who are active in increasing the community use and ownership of the site.
If you would like more information about the Friends of Victoria Park and other varied volunteering roles available in Victoria Park please contact us:
Tel: 07790 959 372
Getting to Us
Victoria Park is located on Tenterbanks, Stafford, ST16 2QF. The nearest car parks are either Tenterbanks or Doxey Road (near Sainsburys) but you can park in any of the Town Centre car parks and follow the finger posts.
You can also reach the park by public transport, please visit Traveline or call 0871 200 22 33
In order for every visitor to enjoy the park there are a number of byelaws enforce on the park.
- No Camping or Fires, No Golf, No Motor Vehicles
- No Horse Riding
- Alcohol free zone
- Dogs on leads majority of the park, (on the spot fine)
- Dogs prohibited in the play area, (on the spot fine)
- No cycling except in designated areas
- No wheeled sports except in designated areas
- Please dispose of your litter properly (on the spot fine)