The Armed Forces Covenant, launched in 2012, is a promise by the nation that those who are serving in the Armed Forces, or who have served, and their families, are treated fairly and do not suffer disadvantage as a result of their service. Since 2012, it has been signed by every council in the country along with over 3,000 business and other organisations.
The Staffordshire Armed Forces Covenant
The Staffordshire Armed Forces Covenant Partnership is working with the armed forces to help and support current and former service personnel and their families within the local area.
We are also encouraging Staffordshire businesses, community groups and individuals to work with us to pledge their support to armed forces personnel and their families as well as reservists and veterans.
Staffordshire Armed Forces Covenant Aims:
- Encourage local communities to support the armed forces community in their areas and to nurture public understanding and awareness among the public of issues affecting the armed forces community.
- Recognise and remember the sacrifices faced by the armed forces community.
- Encourage activities which help to integrate the armed forces community into local life.
- Encourage the armed forces community to help and support the wider community, whether through participation in events and joint projects, or other forms of engagement.
Armed Forces Covenant Fund
The Armed Forces Covenant fund has four funding themes:
- Removing barriers to family life
- Extra support after service for those that need help
- Measures to integrate military and civilian communities and allow the armed forces community to participate as citizens
- Non-core healthcare service for veterans
To view available funding streams please visit The Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust
Forces Compare are dedicated to helping those in the armed forces community save money on finance and insurance. It is founded and run by veterans. They help those who serve, or have served, to find the best insurance and finance options. Find out more about Forces Compare.
If you would like to find out more about the Armed Forces Covenant please visit Gov.uk Armed Forces Covenant page.
Local Contact - Please email email@example.com