Stafford Borough Council deals with a number of services involved with Community and Living. In addition to providing information on these things, we can also provide information on, or if not then provide contact details and useful links for services that we do not deal with directly.
Information provided by the Borough Council:
- Bereavement Services
- CCTV - Closed Circuit Television
- Community Safety
- Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Equal Opportunities
- Community Right to Challenge Guidance (pdf 112kb)
- Community Right to Challenge Questionnaire (pdf 53kb)
Information provided by the County Council:
- Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Charities and Citizens' Interest Groups
- Childcare and Early Years
- Citizenship Tests and Ceremonies
- Consumer Advice and Protection
- Libraries - Find your nearest
- Staffordshire Connects
- Youth Offending
- Age Concern - The UK's leading charities concerned with the needs and aspirations of older people.
- Alzheimer's Society - Provides advice and support to people with dementia and their carers.
- Association of Retired and Persons over 50 - A social organisation for people aged 50 and up.
- Carers - For carers, voluntary organisations and others, related to the national strategy for Caring about Carers, and providing useful links.
- Contact the Elderly - Seeks to reduce the isolation for older people who live alone, by providing social occasions such as monthly tea parties.
- AbilityNet - A charity that offers advice to people with disabilities on all aspects of computer usage for employment, communication, education, or just for fun.
- Disabled Information Advice Line (DIAL) UK - Is a link to information for people with disabilities, and to advice providers.
- Disability Sport England - Creates opportunities for participation in sport for people with all disabilities.
- Employers: Preventing Discrimination - Advice about employing people.
- Epilepsy Action (British Epilepsy Association) - The Epilepsy Action helpline provides advice and information on all aspects of living with epilepsy. They aim to reply to helpline queries by email within 48 hours.
- Epilepsy Society - The UK's leading epilepsy medical charity working for everyone affected by epilepsy.
- The National Deaf Children's Society (NDCS) - Is an organisation of parents, families and carers which exists to support parents in enabling their child to maximise their skills and abilities.
- Headway - Promotes understanding of all aspects of brain injury; and provides information, support and services to people with a brain injury, their family and carers.
- JDRF - Diabetes Research UK. Working towards a cure for type 1 diabetes.
- MENCAP - Working with people with a learning disability, and their families and carers.
- Rethink - Helping everyone affected by severe mental illness, including schizophrenia, to recover a better quality of life.
- Royal Association in Aid of Deaf people (RAD) - Strives to meet the individual needs of deaf children and adults and deafblind people through the provision of services and the use of RAD Centres for Deaf People.
- Royal National Institute of the Blind (RNIB) - If you need to register as blind, contact the RNIB.
- Scope - Helps people with cerebral palsy to achieve equality in society.
- SeeAbility (Royal School for the Blind) - Works with adults who are blind or partially sighted, and have a range of additional disabilities.
- Staffordshire Connects - An easy to use directory providing details about hundreds of different care, support and wellbeing organisations, local activities, clubs and community groups taking place across the county.