Important Notice – Funeral service mourner numbers
As from 6 July 2020, it is possible for a maximum of 15 people to sit on each side of the chapel (30 in total) and observe the revised social distancing rules during a funeral service. Please follow the directions of your Funeral Director and the chapel attendant on the day.
Please note that it will still be necessary to undertake cleaning in between services and your patience and understanding are requested.
Please ensure that you maintain social distancing guidelines within the burial grounds and follow all site rules which include no dog fouling, dogs on leads no longer than 2 metres at all times and no ball games.
Important Changes to our Services From 13 July 2020
Following changes the Coronavirus Act 2020, we can continue lifting certain restrictions at the crematorium. We can only do this by giving full consideration to everyone’s safety, so please adhere to the guidance;
- Whilst the crematorium office remains open during normal working hours for telephone and email enquiries, as from Monday 13 July you can make an appointment to visit the office staff (conditions apply)
- The Book of Remembrance room will be open from Monday 13 July 2020 (conditions apply)
- Please make appointments to attend the interment or scattering of loved ones (conditions apply)
- To support the NHS Track and Trace scheme ALL visitors will be asked to supply their names and contact details for this reason only.
Your funeral director will be able to advise you or you can contact our office. To make appointments and for all other enquiries please call 01785 242594 during normal office hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Book of Remembrance
View the Online Memorial Book (Digital Book of Remembrance)
For many years, the Book of Remembrance has offered a traditional and permanent means of commemorating the lives of loved ones at Stafford Crematorium. However, unless you asked staff, inscriptions were only available for viewing on one day each year.
Now, using a personal viewing card, any inscription in the Book at Stafford Crematorium can be viewed on-screen any day during normal opening hours. This inscription can also be viewed in the comfort of your own home on line by using the unique number on the back of your card. Further cards can also be purchased for other family members. The costs for the viewing card are currently:-
- First viewing card - £22.00
- Additional card - £19.00
- Additional entry to an existing card - £15.00
- Additional memory screens - £51.00
The first screen of the Digital Book of Remembrance will show the inscription as it appears in the original book (together with some surrounding entries). Then, up to a maximum of four additional screens can be added to each entry. You could include photographs of the person commemorated, a brief biography, a favourite verse or photographs to produce a truly unique memory of your loved ones.
For further information on the Book of Remembrance and how to obtain your personal viewing card please speak to Bereavement Service staff on 01785 242594.