Community Awareness Day at Eccleshall Road Cemetery on Wednesday 30 May 2018 at 10am until 3pm
This is a chance to get involved with our future development plans for the cemetery and share your views with our team. Learn about the cemetery and how we maintain the grounds and join us for a short healthy walk around the site and find out about the rich and varied wildlife inhabiting the grounds as well as the neighbouring nature reserve. There’s activities for children too.
Are you or a loved one facing the end of life? Our End Well Stafford webpages provide helpful information, support and advice on a range of areas relating to the end of life care including: bereavement support, what to do when someone dies and carer's support.
Our Bereavement Services are based at the Tixall Road Crematorium, Tixall Road, Stafford ST18 0XZ Telephone 01785 242594 or email email@example.com.
There are three cemeteries; the Crematorium and burial ground at Tixall Road in Stafford, the Eccleshall Road Cemetery in Stafford and Stone Cemetery off the A34 in Stone. Directions available.
- Crematorium and cemeteries opening times
- Café and flower shop
- Booking live stream or DVD of a funeral service
- Memorial book (Digital Book of Remembrance) online
- Memorials available at Stafford Crematorium and how to order
- Buying a grave
- Crematorium rules and regulations
- Memorial services
- How to join Friends of Stafford Cemeteries
- Stafford Crematorium Open days
- You said, we did
Please note: There are no details of forthcoming funeral services published on this website. If you require to know when a funeral is taking place, please contact the Bereavement Services Team on 01785 242 594 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have enquiries regarding specific deceased individuals please contact our office directly. However, there is a charge for genealogy services.
Although we are able to provide you with information regarding bereavement and funerals, we recommend that you visit the following websites:-
- Search for a local funeral director on UK Funerals Online
- Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management
- National Association of Funeral Directors
- Direct Government Guidance Ministry of Justice
- Funeral Zone
You will find additional information by using the links below and in the side bar.
- What to do when someone dies
- Funeral expenses
- Burial without a funeral director
- Information about embalming
- Exhuming a deceased body
- Querying burial/grave details
- Bereavement support
- Carers support
The Cemeteries and Crematorium are open to the public on the following days:
October to March - Monday to Saturday - 9.00am to 4.30pm
October to March - Sunday and Bank Holidays - 10.00am to 4.30pm
April to September - Monday to Saturday - 9.00am to 8.00pm
April to September - Sunday and Bank Holidays - 10.00am to 8.00pm
For out of hours booking (for cremations and burials) or security of the site please call 07970 532687.
If you are attending a service at Stafford Crematorium, have travelled a distance to visit, or would simply like to sit down with a cup of tea after visiting a loved one, then please visit our on-site Café and Flower Shop that offers a range of refreshments including home baked cakes, freshly made sandwiches and other light snacks.
Fresh handmade wreaths, pots and plants on sale (pre-order before 15 December).
‘Hearts and Flowers’ is open seven days a week. Opening hours: October to March are 10am to 3pm on weekdays and 10am to 4pm at weekends. April to September opening hours are 9am to 5pm and 10am to 4pm at weekends.
Call 01785 211522
Now there is an opportunity for friends and relatives to view the service at a later date. The event can be available to view on line for up to 28 days after the service and DVDs are also available on request as a permanent keepsake. Please contact Bereavement Services for more information or to make arrangements.
Memorial services are held in the Crematorium Chapel throughout each year starting in January. Bereaved family and friends are welcome to attend. These special services are held at 2.30pm in the Crematorium Chapel, unless stated otherwise and last for 45 minutes.
- Sunday 29 April 2018 at 2.30pm
- Sunday 29 July 2018 at 2.30pm
- Sunday 30 September 2018 at 2.30pm
- Sunday 16 December 2018 at 2.30pm
It is a generic service; therefore individual names of previously deceased persons are not mentioned.
Open days provide an opportunity for members of the public to meet the crematorium staff and to view the crematorium buildings and grounds. It is also a chance to view behind the scenes and to ask us questions. The date for the next Open Day is to be confirmed, contact us for further information.
The main ethos of the group is to raise public awareness of, and develop public interest in, the council’s cemeteries and crematorium, to act as guardian of the cemeteries to protect and preserve them for public benefit as places of remembrance, spirituality, history and nature and to support Stafford Bereavement Services in developing the ethos and facilities for public benefit. If you would like to join the group or contribute; Contact Laura Francis or Cath Averill on 01785 242594 or email us at email@example.com.
- Christmas Carol Service for infants and babies - 2015
- Air conditioning fitted in Tixall Road Chapel - 2015
- Additional burial spaces at Eccleshall Road requiring a pioneering technique to utilise otherwise unsuitable ground - 2014
- More parking spaces at Tixall Road Crematorium
- Move entrance of toilet block from cloisters at Tixall Road Cemetery (2016)
- Greater control of anti-social dog issues at all Council-owned cemeteries (2016)
- Chapel updated and bigger viewing screen (2017)
- Additional parking bays