We strongly recommend the wearing of face coverings, the use of the hand sanitising stations and to remain socially distanced wherever this is possible.
There are no longer any restrictions on the number of attendees permitted at commemorative events such as interments and scatterings. Please follow the directions of your Funeral Director and/or the chapel attendant on the day.
The administration office/reception at Tixall Road Crematorium/Cemetery is now open to the public. You can make an appointment by contacting us by either email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01785 242594.
To support the NHS Track and Trace scheme ALL visitors will be asked to supply their names and contact details for this reason only.
End of Life Care
Are you or a loved one facing the end of life?
Our End Well webpage provides helpful information, support and advice on a range of areas relating to the end of life care including: bereavement support, what to do when someone dies and carer's support.
Where we are based and our grounds
Our Bereavement Services office is based at the Tixall Road Crematorium, Tixall Road, Stafford ST18 0XZ, Telephone 01785 242594 or email email@example.com.
There are three cemeteries; the Crematorium and burial ground at Tixall Road in Stafford, the Eccleshall Road Cemetery in Stafford and Stone Cemetery off the A34 in Stone. Directions available.
- Crematorium and cemeteries opening times
- Café and flower shop
- Booking live stream or DVD of a funeral service
- Memorial book (Digital Book of Remembrance) online
- Memorials available at Stafford Crematorium and how to order
- Buying a grave
- Crematorium rules and regulations
- Memorial services
- How to join Friends of Stafford Cemeteries
- Stafford Crematorium Open days
- You said, we did
Please note: There are no details of forthcoming funeral services published on this website. If you require to know when a funeral is taking place, please contact the Bereavement Services Team on 01785 242 594 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have enquiries regarding specific deceased individuals please contact our office directly. However, there is a charge for genealogy services.
Although we are able to provide you with information regarding bereavement and funerals, we recommend that you visit the following websites:-
- Search for a local funeral director on UK Funerals Online
- Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management
- National Association of Funeral Directors
- Direct Government Guidance Ministry of Justice
- Funeral Guide
You will find additional information by using the links below and in the side bar.
- What to do when someone dies
- Funeral expenses
- Burial without a funeral director
- Information about embalming
- Exhuming a deceased body
- Querying burial/grave details
- Bereavement support
- Carers support
The Cemeteries and Crematorium are open to the public on the following days:
October to March:
- Monday to Saturday - 9.00am to 4.30pm
- Sunday and Bank Holidays - 10.00am to 4.30pm
April to September:
- Monday to Saturday - 9.00am to 8.00pm
- Sunday and Bank Holidays - 10.00am to 8.00pm
For out of hours booking (for cremations and burials) or security of the site please call 07970 532687.
Full service will resume from Monday 17 May. Please contact Debbie for more information.
‘Hearts and Flowers’ is our on-site Café and Flower Shop open seven days a week. It offers a range of drinks, home baked cakes, freshly made sandwiches and other light snacks.
Fresh handmade wreaths, pots and plants on sale (pre-order before 15 December).
Café Opening Hours
- October - March: 10am to 3pm (weekdays) and 10am to 3pm at weekends.
- April - September: 9am to 5pm (weekdays) and 10am to 4pm at weekends.
Now there is an opportunity for friends and relatives to view the service at a later date. The event can be available to view on line for up to 28 days after the service and DVDs are also available on request as a permanent keepsake. Please contact Bereavement Services for more information or to make arrangements.
Unless further Covid 19 restrictions are introduced by the government, the dates for our Memorial Services are as follows:
- 13 February 2022
- 24 April 2022 (the week after Easter Sunday)
- 24 July 2022
- 25 September 2022
- 18 December 2022 (Carol service TBC)
- 22 January 2023
Memorial services are held in the Crematorium Chapel throughout each year starting in January. Bereaved family and friends are welcome to attend. These special services are held at 2.30pm in the Crematorium Chapel, unless stated otherwise and last for 45 minutes. If you would like the person you have come to remember mentioned by name within the prayers - cards are available on arrival. Simply, complete the card and place in the basket before the service.
Open days provide an opportunity for members of the public to meet the crematorium staff and to view the crematorium buildings and grounds. It is also a chance to view behind the scenes and to ask us questions.
The date for the next Open Day is to be confirmed, contact us for further information.
The main ethos of the group is to raise public awareness of, and develop public interest in, the council’s cemeteries and crematorium, to act as guardian of the cemeteries to protect and preserve them for public benefit as places of remembrance, spirituality, history and nature and to support Stafford Bereavement Services in developing the ethos and facilities for public benefit. If you would like to join the group or contribute; Contact Laura Francis on 01785 242594 or email us at email@example.com.
- Christmas Carol Service for infants and babies - 2015
- Air conditioning fitted in Tixall Road Chapel - 2015
- Additional burial spaces at Eccleshall Road requiring a pioneering technique to make use of otherwise unsuitable ground - 2014
- More parking spaces at Tixall Road Crematorium
- Move entrance of toilet block from cloisters at Tixall Road Cemetery (2016)
- Greater control of anti-social dog issues at all Council-owned cemeteries (2016)
- Chapel updated and bigger viewing screen (2017)
- Additional parking bays