- Alpha Manufacturing New Factory
- PLP Stafford - PLP To Develop Speculative Big Box Logistics Scheme In Stafford
- Road scheme linked to huge new Pets at Home warehouse to start next month
- Stafford University New Health Innovation Centre
- Woolcool Take On 2 New Manufacturing Units In Stone
- Property Search
- Regeneration Projects
- Rural Developments
- Staffordshire Investment Prospectus
- Lifestyle Brochure (adobe.com)
The Borough is ideally placed to provide easy access to markets with outstanding transport infrastructure to the whole of the UK by road, air, sea and rail. HS2 trains stopping at Stafford station will mean that the town is only 50 minutes from London, 20 minutes from Birmingham and 30 minutes from Manchester.
Stafford Borough has a population of over 137,000 people with a further three million living within 45 minutes drive time.
- 62% hold Major Group 1-3 positions, higher than the 44% average across the West Midlands and Britain.
- 53% of our residents holding NVQ4 and above, compared to 34% across the West Midlands and 40% across Britain.
Local Authority Profile - Local Authority Labour Market Profile for Stafford
Staffordshire and Keele Universities are on the doorstep with highly respected engineering and computing faculties. Stafford College became the first further education provider in England to achieve top grades in every area of Ofsted’s Education Inspection Framework (EIF). The college has recently announced a £23m planned investment into a new skills and innovation hub - Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group
The Borough of Stafford has a rich heritage and is home to over 6000 SMEs and micro-businesses through to large multinationals, such as Pets At Home, Perkins and GE. During the past 3 years we have seen in excess of 1000 new businesses make Stafford Borough their home supporting a wealth of established industry sectors, as well as strong research and development in engineering, electronics, materials and medical sciences.
Our business density is greater than most across the County with some 430 plus businesses registered per 10,000 residents. The Borough hosts over 30 High Growth enterprises and our business start up and survival rates are exemplary. We are also proud of our Queens Award winners including Woolcool, Allet, Addmaster, and Top Cashback.
Our Corporate Business Plan sets out our goals and ambitious for the Borough.
To discuss the opportunities open to you and for us to better understand your requirements please contact:
Enterprise Growth Manager