Due to Coronavirus temporary arrangements for Taxi trade - renewals only - are in place.
This page gives details of all the different types of licences that are needed for either business or personal use, and how they may be obtained. It also highlights certain activities that do not need licences.
If you have any concerns about the behaviour or activity of a licensed retailer or operator please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01785 619745.
Stafford Borough Council is the licensing authority for the administration and enforcement of the Licensing Act 2003 and associated orders and regulations within its area. The Act regulates:-
- the sale of alcohol
- the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club
- the provision of regulated entertainment
- the provision of late night refreshment
The Act requires that the Licensing Authority prepares and publishes a statement of its licensing policy every five years. Before determining its policy for any five-year period, the Authority is required to undertake a public consultation exercise on the proposed policy.
Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Licences
- Hackney Carriage Vehicle Licence
- Private Hire/Hackney Carriage Driver's Licence
- Private Hire Operator's Licence
- Private Hire Vehicle Licence
- Executive Hire Vehicle Licence
- Taxi Licensing Fees
- Taxi Forums
- Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
- Other Taxi Licensing
- Taxi Policy and Licensing Conditions
Unlicensed taxi or private hire vehicles are not only illegal - they could be dangerous
An unlicensed taxi will not have been examined by Stafford Borough Council for safety and roadworthiness. It might not even have a current MOT or insurance.
Entertainment and Gambling Licences
- Amusements with Prizes
- Alcohol and Entertainment (covers cinemas,theatres, public entertainment, alcohol, night cafes and late night refreshment houses)
- Fireworks - See trading standards
- Gambling Act 2005
- Sex Establishment
- Sexual Entertainment Venues
- Acupuncturist, Ear piercing, Electrolysis and Tattooists
- House to House and Street Collections
- Scrap Metal
- Street Trading
Everything we do not licence.
- Animal Movement
- Door Supervisors
- Explosives/Fireworks (Storage and Sale) - See Trading Standards
- Game Dealing - Licence not required
- Petroleum - See Trading Standards
- Second Hand Goods - See Trading Standards
- Self-Drive Boats
- Education Welfare Section of the County Council's website for more information on Stage Licences for School Age Children.
- Sunday trading
- Chaperone Licences
- Street Cafe - Licence not required - see Food Business
- Hairdresser - Licence not required
- Massage and Special Treatment - Licence not required
More information about Staffordshire Highways and any related licensing or legal issues may be found in the Transport and Highways section of the Staffordshire County Council website.
For information regarding Safety Advisory Groups, please see our Safety Advisory Group Terms of Reference under Related Documents
If the information you require is not here, it may be obtained from the Staffordshire County Council website or on 0300 111 8000.