This page gives details of all the different types of licences that are needed for either business or personal use, and how they may be obtained. It also highlights certain activities that do not need licences.
If you have any concerns about the behaviour or activity of a licensed retailer or operator please contact me email@example.com or telephone 01785 619745.
Stafford Borough Council is the licensing authority for the administration and enforcement of the Licensing Act 2003 and associated orders and regulations within its area. The Act regulates:-
- the sale of alcohol
- the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club
- the provision of regulated entertainment
- the provision of late night refreshment
The Act requires that the Licensing Authority prepares and publishes a statement of its licensing policy every three years. Before determining its policy for any three-year period, the Authority is required to undertake a public consultation exercise on the proposed policy.
Unlicensed taxi or private hire vehicles are not only illegal - they could be dangerous
An unlicensed taxi will not have been examined by Stafford Borough Council for safety and roadworthiness. It might not even have a current MOT or insurance.
Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Licences
- Hackney Carriage Vehicle Licence
- Private Hire/Hackney Carriage Driver's Licence
- Private Hire Operator's Licence
- Private Hire Vehicle Licence
- Taxi Licensing Fees (pdf 19kb)
- Taxi Licensing Policy and Licensing Conditions 2017 (pdf 598kb)
- Taxi Forums
Entertainment and Gambling Licences
- Amusements with Prizes
- Alcohol and Entertainment (covers cinemas,theatres, public entertainment, alcohol, night cafes and late night refreshment houses)
- Fireworks - See trading standards
- Gaming Machines
- Riding Establishment
- Sex Establishment
- Sexual Entertainment Venues
- Acupuncturist, Ear piercing, Electrolysis and Tattooists
- Caravan Sites
- Collections - House to House and Street
- Hairdresser - Licence not required
- Massage and Special Treatment - Licence not required
- Scrap Metal
- Street Trading
Everything we do not licence.
- Animal Movement
- Door Supervisors
- Explosives/Fireworks (Storage and Sale) - See Trading Standards
- Game Dealing - Licence not required
- Petroleum - See Trading Standards
- Second Hand Goods - See Trading Standards
- Self-Drive Boats
- Education Welfare Section of the County Council's website for more information on Stage Licences for School Age Children.
- Sunday trading
- Chaperone Licences
More information about Staffordshire Highways and any related licensing or legal issues may be found in the Transport and Highways section of the Staffordshire County Council website.
If the information you require is not here, it may be obtained from the Staffordshire County Council website or on 0300 111 8000.