Covid-19 Information and Guidance
In accordance with current Government guidelines, all council parks and play parks will be open from 4 July, although:
- From Thursday 30 July 2020, the toilets at Victoria Park play area will be open (10am-4pm). However, all other on-site park toilets will remain closed until further notice
- The splash pad at Victoria Park will not be operating
- The play area and skate bowl are open daily (10am-7pm)
- The historic section of Victoria Park and its bowling green will remain closed because of the restoration work taking place
- Bowling and tennis are now permitted at most of our parks under certain circumstances (see individual park webpages for details).
- Rowley Park is open for vehicles and pedestrians but some activities are restricted or still closed. The bowling green is open. Please check Rowley Park website for details
- Stafford Castle grounds - Vehicle and pedestrian access is available to the castle grounds. Visitor Centre and public toilets are closed so please plan ahead. For opening times and more information visit the Stafford Castle website.
- Littleworth Park is currently open for bowling clubs only
- Riverway Bowling Greens are open
For your health and that of the community you must observe the following:
- Do not visit a park if you have symptoms of Covid-19
- Observe social distancing guidelines and good hygiene at all times
- See more information about our parks at www.staffordbc.gov.uk/parks
Stafford Borough Council has over 70 equipped play areas, designed to meet the different needs of toddlers, juniors and teenagers.
The play facilities throughout the borough are maintained by a team of specialised inspectors employed through Streetscene to inspect and maintain the play areas. Every play area is visited weekly to help keep the areas clean and safe.
Each year, Stafford Borough Council invests money on improving the quality of play provision within the borough, which alongside funding from external streams and opportunities arising from new developments, enables a rolling programme of play area refurbishment. Watch out for new exciting developments in your area!
Stafford Borough Council recognises the need for children to have a safe place to play and has adopted a play strategy to plan the delivery of this service. We strive to provide parks, play areas and green spaces for all to enjoy and welcome your comments.
All questions should be directed to the Parks and Open Spaces Development Officer on 01785 619514.