Covid-19 Information and Guidance
In accordance with current Government guidelines, all council parks and play parks will be open from 4 July, although:
- From Thursday 30 July 2020, the toilets at Victoria Park play area will be open (10am-4pm) However, all other on-site park toilets will remain closed until further notice
- The splash pad at Victoria Park will not be operating
- The play area and skate bowl are open daily (10am-7pm)
- The historic section of Victoria Park and its bowling green will remain closed because of the restoration work taking place
- Bowling and tennis are now permitted at most of our parks under certain circumstances (see individual park webpages for details).
- Rowley Park is open for vehicles and pedestrians but some activities are restricted or still closed. The bowling green is open. Please check Rowley Park website for details
- Stafford Castle grounds - Vehicle and pedestrian access is available to the castle grounds. Visitor Centre and public toilets are closed so please plan ahead. For opening times and more information visit the Stafford Castle website.
- Littleworth Park is currently open for bowling clubs only
- Riverway Bowling Greens are open
For your health and that of the community you must observe the following:
- Do not visit a park if you have symptoms of Covid-19
- Observe social distancing guidelines and good hygiene at all times
- See more information about our parks at www.staffordbc.gov.uk/parks
Stafford Borough has a variety of parks, ranging from the formal town parks of Victoria Park and Stonefield Park, to the country park style of Wildwood, the Meadows and Cresswell Manor Farm.
With over 300 hectares of open space land managed by the Council there is likely to be an open space near you.
These contain a wide range of facilities which may include toilets, play areas, bowling greens, football pitches and wheeled sports parks.
Rowley Park (This park is now managed by Freedom Leisure)
Local Play Parks
These sites are predominately play areas within housing developments. For more information on these sites visit our play area section.
We are committed to assisting community and voluntary sector groups to take a greater interest in our parks and open space throughout Stafford Borough. As such we would be interested to hear off anyone who would like to set up or join a Friends Group.
If you require further information or would like to discuss setting up a group please email the Senior Open Space Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org