Covid-19 Information and Guidance
In accordance with current Government guidelines, all council parks and play parks will be open from 4 July, although:
- From Thursday 30 July 2020, the toilets at Victoria Park play area will be open (10am-4pm). However, all other on-site park toilets will remain closed until further notice
- The splash pad at Victoria Park will not be operating
- The play area and skate bowl are open daily (10am-7pm)
- The historic section of Victoria Park and its bowling green will remain closed because of the restoration work taking place
- Bowling and tennis are now permitted at most of our parks under certain circumstances (see individual park webpages for details).
- Rowley Park is open for vehicles and pedestrians but some activities are restricted or still closed. The bowling green is open. Please check Rowley Park website for details
- Stafford Castle grounds - Vehicle and pedestrian access is available to the castle grounds. Visitor Centre and public toilets are closed so please plan ahead. For opening times and more information visit the Stafford Castle website.
- Littleworth Park is currently open for bowling clubs only
- Riverway Bowling Greens are open
For your health and that of the community you must observe the following:
- Do not visit a park if you have symptoms of Covid-19
- Observe social distancing guidelines and good hygiene at all times
- See more information about our parks at www.staffordbc.gov.uk/parks
We look after over 300 hectares of parks and open spaces, over 76 play areas and over 18,000 trees across the Borough. Our parks are an ideal place to relax and unwind and the variety of spaces means that there is an ideal space for everyone.
Not all the play parks in Stafford Borough are owned or maintained by the Council.
The release of balloons and sky lanterns is strictly prohibited from our parks and open spaces.