Covid-19 Information and Guidance
In accordance with current Government guidelines, all council parks and play parks will be open from 4 July, although:
- From Thursday 30 July 2020, the toilets at Victoria Park play area will be open (10am-4pm). However, all other on-site park toilets will remain closed until further notice
- The splash pad at Victoria Park will not be operating
- The play area and skate bowl are open daily (10am-7pm)
- The historic section of Victoria Park and its bowling green will remain closed because of the restoration work taking place
- Bowling and tennis are now permitted at most of our parks under certain circumstances (see individual park webpages for details).
- Rowley Park is open for vehicles and pedestrians but some activities are restricted or still closed. The bowling green is open. Please check Rowley Park website for details
- Stafford Castle grounds - Vehicle and pedestrian access is available to the castle grounds. Visitor Centre and public toilets are closed so please plan ahead. For opening times and more information visit the Stafford Castle website.
- Littleworth Park is currently open for bowling clubs only
- Riverway Bowling Greens are open
For your health and that of the community you must observe the following:
- Do not visit a park if you have symptoms of Covid-19
- Observe social distancing guidelines and good hygiene at all times
- See more information about our parks at www.staffordbc.gov.uk/parks
We would like to know your opinion about the overall quality of Victoria Park and Play Area. Please take a few moments to complete our Visitor Survey.
The current play area was officially opened on 3 July 2011 after a seven month long re-construction programme costing £650,000.
The ambitious scheme sought to re-vitalise the area into a green friendly oasis, bringing in elements of natural play and modern playground equipment. The site now boasts a 7m high climbing net with a rope bridge to the 8m high tower which contains a slide at 5m, a small trampoline, interactive water play feature (which replaced the paddling pool), a sand pit with sand diggers, and a concrete skate bowl.
- Climbing Net 7m High
- Sand Pit and Sand Diggers
- Senior Multiplay Unit
- Skate Simulator
- Slide 5m High
- Swings, Cradle, Flat and Group
- Toddler Multiplay Unit
- Wet Play Area (open during summer season only)
- Wheeled Sports Bowl
8am till park closing. See park web page for opening hours.
- No ball games
- No alcohol
- No cycling
- No dogs [on the spot fine]
- Please put your litter in the bin
Victoria Park, Tenterbanks, Stafford, ST16 2QP