Have you ever dreamt of starting your own business, had an idea for a new product or service and for whatever reason the opportunity has now arisen to take the next step?
Over 5000 small businesses have made the Borough their home, representing 84% of all of our enterprises.
So this Borough is a great place and supportive environment to start a venture; and to help you to develop your business:
- We have among the best business survival rates across the County; and higher than England and the West Midlands.
- Our ‘one stop shop‘ for start ups provides FREE, confidential and bespoke start up support from business planning through to information on funding and grants.
- Venture opportunities - the borough has a concentration of international and national firms with significant supply lines; and there are huge supply and sales opportunities for every sector with HS2, we can help you access.
- Plus we can signpost you to our valuable pool of well-trained people.
With 1000s of enterprises already in the Borough (engineers, new product designers, high tech, digital marketing, app developers, food and drink firms, specialist training providers; rural services; artisan crafters,) we are keen to offer our support to help you get started; to develop your new venture, or to support your company growth plans.
With a ratio of 430+ businesses registered for every 10,000 residents business ownership plays an important role in our local economy - why not join us?
What you need to do to set up depends on your type of business, where you work and whether you take people on to help. There is lots of information available to guide you through setting up your own business. Working in conjunction with our external partners, below you will find access to some useful information:
- Turning your idea into a business
- How to set up a small business
- Setting up a business
- Writing a business plan
- Do you need planning permission
- Fully funded online start up training
Council services you may need to contact:
If you are developing a new product or service then please feel free to discuss this confidentially with a member of the Business Engagement Team at the Council by contacting email@example.com or telephone 01785 619000.