Who can comment on planning applications?
Anyone can make comments in support of or against a planning application.
We contact neighbours close to a site but you can make comments even if we haven’t written to you.
You need to make your comments within 21 days of the date that we write to you, or the date of the site notice or press advert, whichever is latest. If you don’t know if comments can still be made on an application, contact us on 01785 619337.
I haven’t made comments before, what do I do?
Follow these three steps:
- View the planning application
- Decide what you would like to say. Find out which comments the council can take into account
- Send us your comments (see below)
How do I make my comments?
- Using the Planning Public Access
- Enter the application reference number or a keyword such as street name in the search box
- Click search
- Select the application you want to look at
- Select the 'Comments' tab
- Complete the online form
You can email your comments to email@example.com. Please remember to include your postal address and make it clear which application you are commenting on. Please include the application reference number if you know it.
You can send your comments in writing to:
Stafford Borough Council
Will my comments be made public?
If you make written comments about an application we must, by law, make them available for public view. We display planning applications online and this includes written comments.
Details on how we use your information can be found on the Planning Applications Privacy Notice page.