Community Infrastructure Levy
The Community Infrastructure Levy (often referred to as CIL) is a charge on new developments to support the strategic infrastructure needs of the Borough. It will be used to fund new strategic transport, education, open space and recreational provision that cannot be funded by other means.
Stafford Borough Council started to develop a CIL charging schedule in 2015 but it was put on hold due to changes in Government policy. It is anticipated that the work will re-commence as part of the review of the Local Plan.
The documents relating to the initial work undertaken in 2015 are set out for information purposes only:
- Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule
- The Plan for Stafford Borough 2011-2031
- The Stafford Borough Infrastructure Strategy (Part 2) - Infrastructure Delivery Plan
- Stafford Borough Council CIL Infrastructure Funding Gap
- Stafford Borough Council CIL Viability Study (March 2015)