The Hixon Neighbourhood Plan was made/adopted on 22 November 2016 following the Referendum held on 15 September 2016.
The question asked in the Referendum was:-
“Do you want Stafford Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Hixon Parish to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
Turnout Figure - 32.11%
|The total number of ballot papers counted||474|
|The number of votes cast in favour of YES||451|
|The number of votes cast in favour of NO||23|
|The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows:|
|(a) No official mark||0|
|(b) Voting for both answers to the question asked||0|
|(c) Writing or mark by which the voter could be identified||0|
|(d) Unmarked or void for uncertainty||0|
The Referendum area is identified on the Hixon Parish boundary map (pdf 2.5mb).
Subject to the Referendum result the latest version of Hixon Neighbourhood Plan (pdf 6mb)
The Referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Hixon Neighbourhood area.
A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if on 30 August 2016
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the Referendum area; and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A persons qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £2,451. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 1,509.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
Paper copies of the specified documents are also available to view at:-
- Stafford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford, ST16 3AQ. Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm, Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm.
- 79 Sycamore Drive, Hixon, Stafford, ST18 0FB. Monday to Friday by appointment only - email email@example.com or telephone 01889 272679
- Ferrer's, Puddle Hill, Hixon, Stafford, ST18 0NG. Monday to Friday by appointment only - telephone 01189 272666 or 07966 135536
The specified documents are:-
- The Hixon Neighbourhood Plan (pdf 26mb)
- Report of the independent examiner (pdf 235kb)
- Summary of the representations submitted to the independent examiner (pdf 215kb)
- Statement by the local planning authority that the draft plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the relevant legislation (pdf 503kb)
- The information statement (pdf 77kb)
- A statement that sets out general information about town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum (pdf 149kb)
- Hixon Neighbourhood Plan Adoption Statement (pdf 101kb)