The Eccleshall Neighbourhood Plan was made/adopted on 26 July 2016 following the Referendum held on 5 May 2016.
The question asked in the Referendum was:-
“Do you want Stafford Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Eccleshall to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
|The total number of ballot papers counted||1065|
|The number of votes cast in favour of YES||810|
|The number of votes cast in favour of NO||217|
|The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows:|
|(a) No official mark||0|
|(b) Voting for both answers to the question asked||0|
|(c) Writing or mark by which the voter could be identified||0|
|(d) Unmarked or void for uncertainty||38|
The Referendum area is identified on the Eccleshall Parish boundary map (pdf 460kb).
The Referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Eccleshall Neighbourhood area.
A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if on 18 April 2016:-
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the Referendum area; and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A persons qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £2575.34. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 3616.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A copy of the specified documents, that is those documents listed below, are available for inspection below. Paper copies of the specified documents are also available to view at:-
- Stafford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford, ST16 3AQ - Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5pm, Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
- Eccleshall Library, 20 High Street, Eccleshall, ST21 6BZ. Tel: 01785 850452 - Tuesday: 9.00am - 7.00pm, Wednesday: 9.00am - 1.00pm, Thursday: 9.00am - 5.00pm, Friday: 9.00am - 6.00pm, Saturday: 9.00am - 4.00pm
- Croxton Service Station, Croxton, Eccleshall, ST21 6JL Tel: 01630 620226 - Monday through to Friday: 7.00am - 6.00pm, Saturday: 7.00am - 1.00pm
The specified documents are:-
- Eccleshall Neighbourhood Plan (pdf 2mb)
- Examiner's Report - Eccleshall Neighbourhood Plan (pdf 217kb)
- Summary of the representations submitted to the independent Examiner (pdf 255kb)
- Statement by the local planning authority that the plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the relevant legislation (pdf 409kb)
- A statement that sets out general information about town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum (pdf 151kb)
- Adoption Notice Eccleshall Neighbourhood Plan (pdf 1.1mb)
If you require further information about Neighbourhood Planning please contact Alex Yendole, Planning Policy Manager on 01785 619536. If you require information about registering to vote in the referendum please contact the Elections Team on 01785 619424.