The Stone Town Neighbourhood Plan 2019-2031 was made / adopted on 20 July 2021 following the Referendum held on Thursday 6 May 2021.
The question asked in the Referendum was :-
“Do you want Stafford Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Stone Town to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
Turnout figure -
|The total number of ballot papers counted was
|The number of votes cast in favour of YES was
|The number of votes cast in favour of NO was
|The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows:
|(a) No official mark
|(b) Voting for both answers to the question asked
|(c) Writing or mark by which the voter could be identified
|(d) Unmarked or void for uncertainty
The Referendum area is identified on the attached map (pdf 5.5mb).
The Referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Stone Town Neighbourhood Plan area.
A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if, on Wednesday 28 April 2021
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the Referendum area; and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A persons qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that applied in relation to the Referendum was £3145.82. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum was 13,285.
The Referendum was conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at Local Government elections.
A copy of the specified documents which were available for inspection online are listed below.
The availability of hard copy documents in public buildings for members of the general public to view may be challenging at this current time due to the Government’s requirements in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to be socially distant. Whilst the following locations are currently fully or partially closed to the public, if arrangements change prior to the referendum date, hard copy documents may be available at the individual venues listed below. Please follow all COVID secure requirements being applied at these locations:-
- Stafford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford, ST16 3AQ. Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm, Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm.
- Stone Library, High Street, Stone ST15 8AT
- Stone Town Council Ground Floor, 15 Station Road, Stone ST15 8JP
The specified documents are:-
- The Stone Neighbourhood Plan 2019-2031 (pdf 37mb);
- Report of the independent examiner (pdf 542kb);
- Representations submitted to the independent examiner (pdf 22mb);
- Decision Statement by the Local Planning Authority (pdf 420kb);
- The Information Statement (pdf 105kb)
- General Information about Town and Country Planning (pdf 111kb)
- Stone Neighbourhood Plan Adoption Statement (pdf 42kb)