The Gnosall Neighbourhood Plan was made/adopted on 24 November 2015 following the referendum held on 22 October 2015.
The question asked in the Referendum was:-
“Do you want Stafford Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Gnosall to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area.”
|The total number of ballot papers counted||967|
|The number of votes cast in favour of YES||895|
|The number of votes cast in favour of NO||69|
|The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows:|
|(a) No official mark||0|
|(b) Voting for both answers to the question asked||1|
|(c) Writing or mark by which the voter could be identified||0|
|(d) Unmarked or void for uncertainty||2|
The Referendum area is identified on the Gnosall Parish boundary map (pdf 396kb).
The Referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated
as the Gnosall Neighbourhood area.
A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if on 6 October 2015
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the Referendum area; and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A persons qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the
Referendum is £2591.33. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 3887.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which
are similar to those used at local government elections.
A copy of the specified documents, that is those documents listed
below, are available for inspection below. Paper copies of the specified documents are also available to view at:-
- Stafford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford, ST16 3AQ. Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5pm, Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm.
- The Grosvenor Centre, High Street, Gnosall, Stafford, ST20 0EX. Monday - by appointment only, Tuesday 10am - 2pm, Wednesday 1pm - 3pm, Thursday 9am - 3pm, Friday - closed.
The specified documents are:-
- The Gnosall Neighbourhood Development Plan (pdf 6mb)
- Appendix 1 - Submitted Sites Assessment (1.26mb)
- Appendix 2 - Evidence Base (1.84mb)
- Report of the Independent Examiner (pdf 231kb)
- Summary of the representations submitted to the independent Examiner (pdf 244kb)
- Statement by the local planning authority that the plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the relevant legislation (pdf 466kb)
- A statement that sets out general information about town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum (pdf 148kb)
- Adoption Notice Gnosall Neighbourhood Plan (pdf 1mb)
If you require further information about Neighbourhood Planning please contact Neighbourhood Planning Officer Raj Bains on 01785 619591. If you require information about registering to vote in the referendum please contact the Elections Team on 01785 619424.