Stafford Borough Council is located at The Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford, ST16 3AQ and is open Monday - Thursday between 8.30am and 5pm, and Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm.
By Bus or Coach
Stafford is well-served by buses. The nearest stops to the Civic Centre are on South Walls and Bridge Street.
See the Staffordshire County Council's plan your journey webpage for further details.
Stafford, part of the West Coast Main Line, has excellent rail links. You can find train times at thetrainline.com.
From Stafford railway station
On leaving the station:
- Cross the road ahead into Victoria Park.
- Follow the path over the white footbridge and turn right past the bowling green.
- At the park gates, continue straight ahead past the housing and pubs (The Crafty Sow and The Coach and Horses).
- Turn right at the crossroads and cross the road.
- Then turn left along the pedestrian walkway next to the river for 100 yards to the Civic Centre entrance.
Victoria Park is closed during hours of darkness (after 4.30pm in the winter). Alternative route via Victoria Road, Tenterbanks and Mill Bank.
See the Staffordshire County Council's train overview webpage for further details.
By Car from the M6
From the North
Leave the M6 at Junction 14 and take the A34 Stone Road towards Stafford town centre.
From the South
Leave the M6 at Junction 13 and follow the A449 Wolverhampton Road towards Stafford town centre.
Secure cycle parking facilities are available at the Civic Centre. Ask at reception on arrival.
Stafford is approximately 1h - 1h 30 mins from the following airports; Birmingham International, East Midlands, Manchester and Liverpool.