The Council is required to carry out Sustainability Appraisal on planning policy documents. The purpose of a Sustainability Appraisal is to ensure social, economic and environmental impacts of policies are properly considered, to ensure sustainable development. The Sustainability Appraisal process includes meeting the requirements of Strategic Environmental Assessment, which is an iterative process that takes place alongside the preparation and production of local planning policies.
The following Sustainability Appraisal documents have been produced to support the new Local Plan (in order of production):
- SA Vol 1 Commentary Boroughwide Development Strategy
- SA Vol 1 Commentary Boroughwide Development Strategy Technical Appendices
- Revised SA Report - Presubmission Publication
- Revised SA Report - Presubmission Publication Technical Appendices
- Revised SA Report Addendum
A Sustainability Appraisal has also been carried out on the Plan for Stafford Borough Part 2 Proposals Document